Dear Child,

I can not protect you, can't always keep you safe,
I can only hold you, try to keep you out of harm's way.

But I can not protect you, I can only try my best,
I can only pray for you, in G-ds hand I leave the rest.

No, I can not protect you, although you know I'll always care,
Sometimes you will have to learn to face your own fears.

Oh, I cannot always protect you, although I wish I could,
I'll be there to teach you, to look out for your own good.

I can only teach you, how you can remain strong,
So you can differentiate between right and wrong.

Yes, I can only teach you to look before you cross,
And I'll be there to show you how to cope with loss.

I wish I could protect you, but I know I can't
I can only teach you, that you're in G-d's hands.

Oh, I can only teach you to make choices on your own,
Because I won't be there to protect you once you've grown.

No comments: