Finding the Answers Within Me


I try to find myself in this vast world, I want to figure it out, to know,

Are we here for a deeper purpose, or are we just G-d’s puppet show?

Why does it seem so difficult to know what’s right, what’s wrong?

Tell me is it all planned out, or are we each writing our own song?


I know he gave us a purpose, but how do I explain,

That those who try the hardest, experience the most pain?

It’s so confusing, this reality, it’s so hard to understand,

What does He want from us, I mean, tell me, what’s his plan?


He wants us to be better, He wants good to raise its voice

Yet the forces of negativity, can leave you without… choice?

No, we have choices, but they’re not the ones we think,

G-d plans it all, every test, but we choose to swim or sink,


I gotta choose what’s right, but its so hard to know the way,

Wrong from right, black and white,and so many shades of gray

It won’t always be clear, and its hurts when I really don’t know

I struggle in my choices, not knowing, where am I supposed to go?


I have strengths within me, that I’ve never reached before,

I find that it’s the pain and the struggle which uncover the core.

I want to do everything right, I want to follow his instructions

But I can’t, He made me limited and I can’t attain perfection


And so I have to balance, recognize that I can’t do it all.

But not giving up, not quitting, be humble, yet stand tall.

We don’t have to finish the task, yet we can’t just accept defeat

Thinking, why bother trying, if it’s simply impossible to complete?


It’s not only where we try to go, no, it’s not the destination

It’s the journey and our efforts, that is the purpose of creation

Through our effort, with our choices, He wants us to make space for him.

Inside our lives, in our own worlds, He only asks, reveal the G-dliness within!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

its all in the climb

Anonymous said...

your so positive ! i wish i knew you;-(

Unknown said...

I needed this more than anything today. I miss you. I miss your wisdom. Thank you for leaving us your legacy in words.