Igniting the Flames – Shlichus

I struck a match today; it burst into a flame of fire

Going up towards heaven, rising higher and higher

I taught a child today, a smile burst out on her face

She’s rising to the challenge, she’s moving at a fast pace


I kept a flame alive tonight; it’s unsteady, unsure but there

Flickering and wavering and shining just because we care

I taught a girl about Yiddishkeit, she’s unsteady, unsure but here

Questioning and wondering, and learning just because we care


I try to light all the wicks, before it gets too late

But some die out quickly, others just sit and wait

I try to inspire everyone, while I still have a chance

Some are lost so quickly, others I have yet to glance


But, I don’t give up, I keep lighting, even in the darkest haze

Because soon we’ll see on every candle, a giant burning blaze

I don’t stop, I keep teaching, because every Jewish soul is a flame

Soon Moshiach will light us all, may it be bimheirah beyamainu, amen!

No comments: