Inside of Me

There’s nothing that the world can say

There’s nothing they can take away

Because all I have is inside of me

Yes, I am happy to be me!

And when I try to change the world

I wonder, am I just a little girl?

What’s happened to me, I don’t know,

But, somehow, someway, I have grown.

Choices are not easy for me

How can I know what’s meant to be?

I just try to do what’s best

Let Hashem take care of the rest

But sometimes it’s all up to me

More than my shoulders can carry

I want to just let it go……….

Oh, sometimes, I just don’t know.

Is what I want impossible to attain?

Am I trying so hard in vain?

Why does it need to be so tough?

Is there a way to smooth the rough?

Questions I have constantly

Fighting with the weaker me

I try to be the best I can be

And….Yes, I am happy to be me

When I deal with what I feel inside

Then there’s no other place to hide

I have to face what I see in me

And deal with it appropriately

There is no greater task

To look inside beyond the mask

When I express the deeper me

That’s what it means……a Pnimi

So who I am is clear for all to see

All I have is inside of me

Yes, I struggle to be a pnimi

Then, I am happy to be me!

No comments: